Few people know that prunes are dried plums. It is a type of dried fruit, and is eaten after soaking, if it is very dry, or as it is, when it remains moist after processing.
The difference between plums and prunes lies not only in the fact that the first is a fresh fruit of the tree, and the second is a dried fruit, the composition also differs. It is believed that prunes are a product that contains much more nutrients than fresh plums.
How to make prunes, mankind learned a long time ago. The recipe comes from Asian countries. In the old days, the tradition of drying fruits was very widespread, because, for example, there was no way to keep them frozen.
For the first time, the plum tree is mentioned in writings that date back to the 6th century BC. There is an opinion that the plum tree is the result of the crossing of wild thorns and cherry plums. Varieties that are suitable for drying are unpretentious, therefore they grow throughout the territory of our continent. In Europe, the plum appeared only in the 17th century.
From a health point of view, prunes and fresh plums appear to have hardly any outstanding nutritional value. The content of vitamins, minerals and trace elements in them is extremely low. Why, then, are prunes considered very healthy?
Prunes hold the absolute record for antioxidant content among all fruits and vegetables. Therefore, dried plums are very valuable for their ability to support the immune system and detoxification organs.
There is scientific research on the contribution of prunes to gut health. In particular, regular consumption of this product provides good fiber supply to the intestines and is considered effective in preventing colorectal cancer.
Homemade candy is a healthy alternative to sweets, its excessive use will not affect the figure, and the vitamin composition will strengthen the immune system. Add honey instead of sugar.
Regardless of the household appliance in which the fruit puree will be dried, the plum marshmallow is prepared according to the same principle. The fruits are peeled and stewed with sugar until the mass thickens, then mashed, spread in an even layer on a surface protected from sticking, and dried at a low temperature from 5 to 10 hours. / P>
Delicious, plastic plum candy in an electric dryer is one of the most advanced options that save energy and energy. It is based on raw plum puree, supplemented with sugar and lemon juice, which is laid out on the tray of the dryer, where it is dehydrated for 10 hours until it acquires a rich color and loses its stickiness.
Made with two ingredients, oven plum marshmallow is the simplest and easiest option. Cooking includes three stages: baking the plums, which caramelizes the sugars and develops flavor and aromas, purée and dry the puree for 6 hours with the oven door ajar to allow air circulation.
Category: Vegetable and fruit dishes
Pastila or apricot marmalade with sugar
This recipe does not require selected apricots, overripe, but not rotten apricots are suitable for it.
1. peel the apricot and sprinkle with sugar. The amount of sugar in the recipe is arbitrary, the minimum which is still necessary for the apricots to juice up - 50 grams of sugar per 1 kilogram of apricots peeled from the seeds.
2. We leave the apricots with sugar calmly for two hours. You can stir the contents of the pan a couple of times, or at least shake it. During this time, the berries will start juice, and the sugar will practically dissolve.
3. We proceed to the next stage - steaming, for which we put the pan on the fire, bring to a boil and cook at a low boil for 3 minutes, no more. This time is enough for the apricot pulp to steam and the sugar is completely dissolved. Remember to stir the apricots so that they submerge the syrup.
4. Remove the pan from heat and puree the composition with a hand blender, if there is none, you can grind the mass through a sieve. After that, leave the apricot puree until it cools completely.
Attention: You can pre-grease the paper with vegetable oil, but remember that over time, during long-term storage, the vegetable oil acquires an unpleasant taste and smell, which of course will affect the taste of the marshmallow. It's up to you to decide.
If you are using high quality paper, the pastel will lag perfectly with the litter after drying and without greasing the paper.
6. It is best to dry the marshmallow in the bright summer sun, protection from flies and other insects is a prerequisite, for this cover the marshmallow with gauze or a cut of tulle.