One of the worst nightmares of residents of private houses is the appearance of mice. These small rodents can cause serious damage not only to property, but also to the health of people living in the house. Dealing with them is quite difficult, so it is best to put in an effort and prevent their occurrence.
How mice enter the house
To understand how to protect your home from mice, you first need to figure out how they get inside. These rodents are able to crawl through even the smallest holes, so it will not be difficult for them to get into the house. The main ways they enter the building are:
- air ducts. These openings are usually located on the roof and allow rodents to enter directly into the ventilation system of the house;
- chimneys. In the warm season, stoves and fireplaces are usually not used to heat the room, so chimneys are an easy and affordable way for rodents to get inside the building;
- lack of glass and cracks in the windows. Animals can easily enter the house even through narrow cracks, and non-glazed windows look like an invitation for them;
Mice in a frame house: how to avoid it.
How to protect your home from mice
Once the paths of entry of mice into the house are determined, you can take up the defense of the house.
Protecting your home from mice during construction
In modern homes, rodent protection is provided at the design stage. To keep these intruders out of the home, builders use special materials to strengthen the foundation, walls and roof.
Foam glass, aerated concrete, foam insulation.
Models of knitted tunics with needles
How to knit a tunic for beginners in detail?
A tunic is a loose-fitting garment that covers the body up to the hips. They are made fitted, straight cut and flared; with a variety of necklines and collars - there can be countless ideas. It all depends on the imagination of the needlewomen.
- Model selection. At this stage, consider your knitting experience, and if you have recently mastered knitting needles, it is better to start with simple tunics. Samples and instructions for implementation can be found in specialized publications, or by reading this article to the end.
- Purchase yarn and knitting needles based on the recommendations. You can find useful tips on the selection of yarn and knitting needles in the article on how to knit a vest with knitting needles.
- After you have chosen a model, draw up a pattern of the future tunic on paper and then check the details of the product for compliance. We recommend that you always make a pattern to avoid inaccuracies. You can make a pattern in the following ways: • by tracing the existing tunic; • by constructing a pattern to measure. The second method is preferable, since it is accurate, and the product will be knitted according to your parameters. To construct a pattern, take the following measurements: product length (CI), chest circumference (OG), hip circumference (OB), shoulder length (DP), neck circumference (OS), waist circumference (OT). If the tunic is with sleeves, then you need the width of the wrist and forearm, the length of the sleeve.
- Start working according to the given scheme.
- After all the details are ready, the product is sewn together.
If desired, the tunic can be embroidered with beads or embroidered. As an accessory for some types of tunics, a leather belt or a ribbon tied at the waist is suitable.
Knitted tunic for a girl of years with needles
Dimensions: 92/98 (104/110) 116/122
If there is only one number, it applies to all sizes.
You will need:
- yarn (100% sheep wool; 120 m / 50 g) - 200 (250) 250 g turquoise and yarn (45% alpaca wool, 20% sheep wool, 15% cotton , 15% polyamide, 5% polyester; 150 m / 25 g) - 75 g white with sequins;
- knitting needles No. 4;
- hook No. 4.
Elastic band 1: the number of loops is a multiple of 8 + 2 edging. Persons. R. - edging, * 2 persons., 4 out., 2 persons., From * repeat, chrome. Out. R. - chrome., * 2 out., 4 persons., 2 out., From * repeat, edging.
Large pearl pattern: knit alternately 1 front and 1 purl. In each 2nd row, shift the pattern.
Front stitch: front rows - front loops, purl rows - purl loops.