The smaller the inflorescences, the crisper and tastier the cabbage! For even crisper buds, add a couple of teaspoons of cornmeal to the dough.
In this recipe, I will tell you how easy and simple it is to cook cauliflower in egg batter. This cabbage will appeal to both adults and children.
Cauliflower, among other types of cabbage, is valued for its high taste and dietary qualities. We cook easily and quickly at home.
It is difficult to cook when each family member has their own preferences and tastes. The husband loves crispy cauliflower, and the children love batter. I found a way to make two types of frying at once. Minimal heat treatment will preserve the maximum amount of nutrients.
Stew is delicious and can be made in a pan, slow cooker or oven. Let's consider its preparation according to the classic recipe, as well as with meat, sausages, potatoes and mushrooms. In any case, it will turn out very tasty! Nature has generously rewarded us with its many gifts. Vegetables, fruits, mushrooms, nuts, herbs - for all this we should be grateful to her!
The most delicious recipe for stewed cabbage with meat
If you stew cabbage with meat, you get a dish called bigos. The main ingredient can be either sour or fresh. This recipe will need a fresh white vegetable. But you can take any meat - pork, beef, veal. It will be tasty anyway.
- pork (any meat) - 300 gr.
- cabbage - 1 kg
- onions - 1 pc.
- carrots - 1 pc.
- fresh tomatoes - 4 pcs.
- salt, pepper - to taste
- vegetable oil for frying
- Rinse the meat well, remove excess films if present. Cut this product into cubes.
- Heat vegetable oil in a frying pan (you don't need much, it will release its fat into the meat) and fry the pork pieces until golden brown. Stir occasionally. This will take about 15 minutes.
- You don't need to salt the meat right away, otherwise it will release its juice and end up dry.
- Peel the onion and cut into half rings. Add to the grilled meat, stir and cook with the lid open for about 5-8 minutes more.
- Cut the carrots into thin strips. To do this, first cut the vegetable into circles, doing it obliquely. And then, folding the resulting pieces on top of each other, cut them into strips. Place the carrots in a skillet and simmer everything together for another 5-8 minutes.
- Cut the tomatoes into cubes and send them to the already nice-smelling roast. Pepper and stir. Continue simmering for another 5.
- Chop the cabbage using your favorite method (preferably medium strips), salt well and stir in a bowl. Add to meat and other vegetables in the skillet. Stir, cover and simmer over medium heat for about 40-60 minutes. The pork should be completely ready for this moment.
- Stir the bigos occasionally so that everything cooks evenly. The volume of the cabbage will greatly decrease, it will give juice. If there is not enough juice, add some water, which should cover the bottom. At the end, taste your dish. If it seems too sour, you can add a little sugar. Also add spices and herbs to taste.
- During fasting, meat can be replaced with separately boiled beans. Or, to save time, you can buy ready-made beans in your own juice. It will also turn out satisfying and tasty.
That's all, serve hot, sprinkled with fresh herbs.
Classic braised cabbage with sausages in a pan
Everyone has probably tried such a classic combination as stewed cabbage with sausages. This option is easier to prepare than with meat. But how delicious it turns out!
Only choose high-quality sausages made in accordance with GOST. They do not contain unnecessary additives in the form of flavor enhancers, starch and other things. But, sadly, absolutely everyone has sodium nitrite - a dye that makes meat pink. But now is not about that. Let's start cooking.
- Cut the onion into small cubes. Pour sunflower oil (refined) into a frying pan, heat it. Fry the onion until transparent, just do not overdo it, it should not turn golden.
- Finely chop the cabbage and send to the onion. Pour in 100 grams of water and stir. Cover and cook for about 15 minutes.
- When stewing, there should always be liquid on the bottom of the pan. But there should not be too much of it, because this will already be cooking.
- Then add salt, black pepper and bay leaves. Also add tomato paste. Stir and simmer until tender. To determine this moment, you need to taste the cabbage. Perhaps after a couple of minutes it will be possible to turn off the heating.
- Cut the sausages into circles, preferably not very thin, about half a centimeter. In another frying pan, heat a little vegetable oil, add the sausages and fry until golden brown over high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add sausages to the finished cabbage, remove the bay leaf and stir. Turn off the stove and let the dish sit for 5 minutes under the lid. That's all, you can put on plates this simple food, but very tasty. It goes well with mashed potatoes.
Cauliflower is a very healthy product that is also very tasty if prepared correctly. There are really many options for cauliflower dishes, you just have to show your imagination.
Summer is coming! Cauliflower will be in bulk. Bookmark the recipes and delight your families with this yummy!
Cauliflower Buffalo Wings
- 1/4 cup plant-based milk (almond or soy)
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tsp ground dried garlic
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 cup hot red pepper sauce
- 4 tbsp. l. margarine
- 1/2 tsp white vinegar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
Preheat oven to 230 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or foil (oiled) and set aside.
In a small bowl or mug, combine milk and vinegar. Leave on for 5 minutes. Then add flour and garlic, mix thoroughly. Dip each piece of cauliflower into the mixture and place on a baking sheet, keeping some distance between them. Bake for 20-25 minutes. While the cabbage is in the oven, combine the hot sauce, oil, vinegar and salt in a small saucepan and bring to a gentle boil. Remove from heat and set aside.
Remove the cabbage from the oven and pour over the hot sauce. Then place back in the oven and bake for another 6-8 minutes. Best served with celery, carrots and cheese sauce.
- 250 g cauliflower inflorescences
- 250 g broccoli inflorescences
- 200 g lasagna sheets
- 500 ml sour cream
- 3 tbsp. l. parsley
- 200 g smoked ham
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 200 g cheddar
Cauliflower is a product that can be prepared in a variety of ways, not only by frying the buds in batter. Cauliflower stew can also be prepared in a variety of ways. This article will describe several of them.
Cauliflower stewed in tomato and green peas
- cauliflower - 0.5 kg;
- onions - 100 g;
- carrots - 100 g;
- garlic - 2 cloves;
- tomatoes - 0.5 kg;
- vegetable oil - 40 ml;
- ground paprika, salt - to taste;
- green peas (canned) - 100 g
- Disassemble the cauliflower into inflorescences, wash, dry.
- Peel the onion and cut it into small cubes.
- Chop the garlic finely.
- Scrape the carrots, wash, blot with a napkin. Grind with small holes.
- Cut the tomatoes crosswise.
- Boil water in a saucepan, dip the tomatoes in it. After 2 minutes, transfer the fruits to a container of cold water. Peel the cooled tomatoes. Use a blender to puree.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan or cauldron, put onion and garlic in it, lightly brown.
- Add carrots, fry for 5-7 minutes.
- Add cabbage. Continue sautéing vegetables for 3-5 minutes.
- Mix tomato puree with salt and paprika, pour over cabbage.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, then add the green peas and continue simmering until the cabbage is done.
Canned peas can be replaced with fresh ones, but then they should be added 5-10 minutes earlier or boiled before half-cooked.
Cauliflower stewed with zucchini
- cauliflower - 0.5 kg;
- zucchini - 0.5 kg;
- onions - 100 g;
- carrots - 150 g;
- tomatoes - 0.5 kg;
- Provencal herbs, salt - to taste;
- vegetable oil - how much would need.
- Prepare the cauliflower by washing, disassembling and drying.
- Wash the courgettes. Peel off with a vegetable peeler. Cut the vegetables in half, remove the pulp and seeds with a spoon. Young fruits do not need to be peeled.
- Cut the courgettes into cubes or semicircles.
- Pour tomatoes over with boiling water, peel, cut into cubes.
- Peel the carrots, cut into circles. If the vegetable is large, you can cut it into halves or even quarters of circles.
- Remove the husk from the onion, cut it into thin half rings.
- At the bottom of a cauldron or a thick-bottomed saucepan, heat oil, fry the onion in it.
- Add carrots, cabbage, courgettes and tomatoes in layers in the order shown. Sprinkle each layer with salt and herbs.
- Simmer vegetables over low heat, covered for about half an hour.
A delicious and satisfying cauliflower and zucchini stew, a versatile dish that's suitable even for dieters. You can cook it not only on the stove, but also in a multicooker. To fry the onions, use the Baking or Frying program, then cook for 30-40 minutes (depending on the power of the multicooker) in the stewing mode.
Cauliflower stew with mushrooms
- Rinse the cabbage well, disassembling it into inflorescences. Chop them coarsely, dry them.
- Wash the mushrooms, pat dry with a towel. Cut each mushroom into 4-8 pieces, depending on the size of the mushrooms.
- Peel the onion, cut into small cubes.
- Melt butter in a deep frying pan, put onions in it.
- After 5 minutes, add the mushrooms, fry them for 5 minutes along with the onions.
- Add cabbage. Continue frying food for 5 minutes.
- Mix sour cream with pepper and salt, pour cabbage and mushrooms into it.
- Cover the pan with a lid. Simmer cabbage with mushrooms for 20-25 minutes.
Did you know that sauerkraut contains many times more vitamins than fresh and useful properties are preserved for ten months? Every woman has her own favorite recipe for harvesting this valuable vegetable for future use.
Principles of canning and pickling tomatoes with cabbage
Preparing such a dish for the winter is much more pleasant than chopping a head of cabbage for a long time and grinding it with carrots. To cook this appetizer deliciously, you need to study several recommendations of experienced housewives:
- To enhance the taste and aroma of the dish, you can add ingredients such as carrots, garlic, various spices and herbs to the jar. The pungency, acidity and sweetness of the snack will depend on the amount of these components.
- Cabbage can be shredded, but it takes longer, so it will be better to just chop it into large pieces. Tomatoes are best left whole if they are small or cut into slices or rings.
- For a change, you should use different varieties of culture: white, colored, red, Brussels, kohlrabi.
- You can marinate both hot and cold. If you pour a hot marinade into a jar, then after closing it must be turned over and allowed to cool completely before being sent to a special storage room.
Armed with useful tips, you can prepare a truly exquisite canning that will become a worthy source of pride for any housewife.
Sauerkraut with cranberries
Meeting cabbage with cranberries is a holiday. Firstly, it is beautiful, secondly, the amount of vitamin C, in this combination, doubles, and thirdly, your immunity will thank you for such a duet.
Ingredients of the recipe:
- Cabbage-2 kg;
- carrots-2 pcs.
- 3-4 leaves of laurel;
- 8 peas of allspice;
- cranberries-150 grams.
Mix cabbage with carrots and salt. Rub it with our hands to make the juice stand out.
Cranberries, pre-washed, combine with the resulting mixture. Add bay leaf with peppercorns.