The business of selling churches has flourished in Russia: we are studying lots and announcements.
Nikolo-Tropinsky Church of the 17th century stands in the very center of Yaroslavl - the Kotorosl River separates it from the main square of the city. On the websites of real estate agencies (here and here) it has been sold for a long time, so the price has to be reduced: from the initial 45 million it has reached the current 39. The sellers and agents do not advertise the origin of the object: CIAN claims that the building was built in 1900 and is “ ". The ad says the ancient church “is ideal for placement. offices of large companies, political parties, public and state funds, hotel and restaurant complexes, cultural and health-improving medical institutions. " The good condition of the facility is evidenced by a commercial. The total area of the object is 697 sq. m; together with it, a plot of 45 acres is sold.
St. Nicholas in the Tropino settlement of Yaroslavl was actually built in 1660 and gained fame when Patriarch Nikon, the father of church reform and the culprit of the Russian schism, died next to him, on the crossing of Kotorosl. Having received the Tsar's forgiveness after the disgrace, he returned from exile to Moscow, but did not get there. The coffin with the body of the patriarch was installed in the Tropino church on August 17, 1681. In the Russian Orthodox Church, there is occasional talk about the canonization of Nikon.
The temple was closed in 1931 and transferred to a woodworking factory. Having equipped a club for workers in it, the factory demolished the dome and the bell tower, and the parish cemetery was gradually built up with residential buildings (now there are elite cottages on it). In the post-war years, the disfigured temple was used as a warehouse: its last owner, already at the beginning of the 21st century, was Yaroslavryba OJSC, which carried out a utilitarian restoration of the building, dividing it into offices. The last owner of the temple in the registers is Torgkommerts LLC, where - in connection with bankruptcy - the arbitration court appointed a bankruptcy commissioner in mid-February. Perhaps now the sale of the temple will accelerate.
Realtors working on the object assure that "there are all approvals" for expanding its area approximately twice. Back in 2018, the Department for the Protection of Cultural Heritage Sites of the Yaroslavl Region approved a project for the reconstruction of the temple, developed by LLC Veter. It provides for the construction of an L-shaped building and a new fence on the parish territory, but does not return the temple to its historical appearance, which may confuse potential tenants. The project received a positive conclusion from the state historical and cultural expertise.
The Yaroslavl diocese of the Russian Orthodox Church, which does not notice the St. Nicholas-Tropinsky Church, nevertheless could not come to terms with the existence in the center of the city of the parish of an "alternative" Orthodox Church - the Russian Orthodox Autonomous (ROAC), which since 1992 . legally occupied the temple of the Vladimir Icon of the Mother of God on Bozhedomka (also in the 17th century), having carried out a complete scientific restoration of this unique three-hipped monument. In November 2016, the arbitration court seized this church from believers "in favor of the state", and already in 2017 it was transferred to the Russian Orthodox Church. Since then, the ROAC, which has a large registered community in the city, has not had a permanent place for worship.
St. Great Martyr Demetrius of Thessaloniki in the village of Zavalovo, Odoyevsky District, Tula Region, was built in 1843 in the style of late classicism on the site of a wooden church of the 17th century. In the same XIX century. a side-altar, a refectory and a bell tower were added to it. The announcement of its sale hung on Avito all last year, and it was more honest than in Yaroslavl: “Church for sale. Located on the banks of the Upa River ”. The lot included a land plot of 1,345 sq. meters. For all this cultural and natural heritage they asked only 450 thousand. As a result, on New Year's Eve, the church went for 186 thousand - at the price of old Lada!
The village of Zavalovo arose near the "Zasechnaya line" of the Moscow kingdom under Ivan the Terrible. Now 18 residents are officially registered in it, but there are many rich summer residents, including high-ranking military men from Moscow. Probably, for their sake, a new bridge across Upa was opened last year. The famous Tula Zaseki reserve begins opposite Zavalov. The buyer of the temple was also a Muscovite - Pavel Yuryevich Osipov, whose data coincide with the information posted on the Internet about the Moscow arbitration manager.
The temple was sold by a Tula bankruptcy manager appointed by the court after the bankruptcy of the owner of the building - 30-year-old local entrepreneur Natalya Kupryukhina. She, in turn, acquired the temple when the Zavalovsky agricultural cooperative, the heir to the collective farm that kept grain in the temple, went bankrupt.
The temple received its conservation status as a local monument back in the 1960s, but not a single owner did anything to restore it.