It turned out that with such a large selection of private and public laboratories, it is not so easy to pass a PCR test in Minsk, especially if your trip or flight is scheduled for the beginning of the week.
A COVID-19 negative PCR test certificate is now required to enter many countries. However, it turned out that it is almost impossible to sign up for a PCR test in government laboratories to travel abroad: everything is scheduled months in advance.
Private laboratories are more expensive, but there are more places
Recently, PCR testing for coronavirus was again allowed to be carried out by private laboratories. However, they all warn: the readiness of the results is two days (in the regions - three), not counting the day of the tests. And this option is not suitable for everyone. Here's why.
The certificate is valid 72 hours from the moment of smear collection. That is, those who are ready to overpay (in private laboratories the average price is about 70 rubles, in public laboratories - about 40), in fact, they will still receive a certificate on the day of departure.
Of course, most often private laboratories give the result before the stated deadline, but are you lucky, there are no guarantees.
The smartest ones were glad that they could go to the Minsk National Airport to take the test and get the results in three hours. But two days later, restrictions were introduced here: PCR will only be done to those who have an air ticket.
State laboratories: plan your trip in advance
The Information Medical Service has named a list of current addresses of state laboratories for Minsk, where you can take a PCR test for coronavirus to travel abroad. As a rule, they are ready to give results the next day after taking a smear (except on the eve of the weekend). Only nuance: not all certificates are issued in English.
- The 2nd City Clinical Hospital conducts PCR testing for COVID-19, but only one by one. The registration office of paid services assured that everyone passed the tests without any problems: there was no big influx, everyone was in time. There are several "windows" for such visits: from 8:00 to 9:30, from 10:00 to 12:45, from 13:30 to 14:45. The result is issued only in Russian, readiness - within two days (indicated on the website), but the registration office assured that the certificate would be ready the next day.
- If you believe the online form for recording on the PCR of Minsk City center of hygiene and epidemiology, then everything is scheduled for the year ahead. It was not possible to get through the indicated numbers - it is endlessly busy.
- At the Republican Scientific and Practical Center for Transfusiology and Medical Biotechnology, you can take a PCR test without any problems: the appointment is open from today to tomorrow. One caveat: the certificate is issued only in Russian. You can register only online on the institution's website. The results will be ready on the same day: I passed it in the morning, received a certificate in the evening. The document is issued in two languages: Russian and English.
- At the Moscow Scientific and Practical Center for Surgery, Transplantology and Hematology, the whole February is scheduled, registration for March will open on February 26th. The results will be ready the next day.
- At the Republican Center for Hygiene, Epidemiology and Public Health, the registration for PCR testing for coronavirus in February is almost completely closed. There is one free window on February 24, a little freer - on February 26. It is also worth booking for March dates in advance: almost everything is busy. The readiness of the results the next day.
- In the Minsk Regional Center for Hygiene, Epidemiology and Public Health, the next entry is only on March 24 (two places), and the next more or less free days start from March 29. The entry for April is not yet open. The results are issued in two languages - Russian and English.
- The Republican Scientific and Practical Center for Epidemiology and Microbiology also conducts PCR testing for coronavirus for those traveling abroad. The nearest free date is March 12 (23 places out of 70), then only March 19. Availability - one working day. You can record online.