Metal tile is a modern roofing material, which is a thin galvanized metal sheet with a protective polymer coating. The polymer coating can be different.
The machine for the production of such a coating provides the production of a corrugated sheet by the method of cold forming, followed by stamping of steps that imitate natural ceramic tiles. The characteristics of this roofing material are: relatively low cost, long service life, attractive appearance.
Metal tiles are used on any pitched surfaces with an angle of inclination of at least 15 degrees.
Metal tiles have a number of advantages over other roofing materials:
- metal tiles can be easily and quickly installed at any time of the year;
- it is durable;
- has light weight;
- has a smooth surface that allows water to drain and snow; it has an attractive appearance and a variety of shades: from classic to the most unusual;
- the quality of this roofing material, all its fasteners and profiles have been tested over the years, and occupies the highest positions;
- the price of this material not high, among different brands and manufacturers, everyone can find metal tiles at an affordable price.
There are several parameters that determine the quality of a metal tile. These include:
- raw materials used in production;
- equipment, production line;
- manufacturer or country of origin. ul>
Galvanized steel for the manufacture of metal tiles must have a quality certificate. Its thickness is usually 0.45-0.5mm. Thinner steel is lighter and cheaper, but less durable.
The main types of used protective polymer coatings:
- Polyester - its thickness is 22-27 microns, the advantages include a low price, and the disadvantages - low mechanical resistance in comparison with other types of coatings, as well as color fastness. The warranty for such protection ranges from one to 10 years, and depends on the manufacturer. This protective coating is supported by any metal tile production line.
- Matt polyester - 35 microns thick. Its price is higher than that of ordinary polyester. The advantages are - color fastness and lack of shine in the sun. The guarantee for such a protective coating is 10 years.
- Pural has a thickness of 50 microns, has excellent anti-corrosion properties, high mechanical and color resistance. Its cost is 20-30% higher than that of regular polyester.
- P50 - its thickness is also 50 microns. It is analogous to pural, produced in Sweden. The warranty is 15 years.
- Plastisol is a very thick coating, 200 microns thick. This polymer coating is the most durable of all available. However, it contains polyvinyl chloride, because of this, in a number of countries, plastisol is considered to be environmentally harmful. This coverage is guaranteed for up to 10 years.
All these protective polymer coatings can be produced together with galvanized steel, which has different thicknesses: from 0.4 mm to 0.6 mm. The thickness of the coated sheet will be greater. All ready-made combinations have their own color. Changing the color to the desired one will require additional financial costs. The machine for the production of metal tiles determines the accuracy of the sheet size and the integrity of the protective polymer coating during rolling.